6/11/08

.tips. on .tuesday. but. today. on .wednesday.

(one day late)

Let me say there is nothing wrong with any of these “musts”, but if it’s the deciding factor on who you pick for a wedding photographer you may want to reconsider.


What I’m asking you to reconsider is this:

Do you like and trust the photographer?
Do you LOVE their work?


If the answer is yes to these questions then know that all of these “musts” can be added later after the wedding, but you absolutely can not go back and change the vendors you hire for your wedding day. You’ve heard the term “you get what you pay for” That’s not to say that just because you’re spending more money than you intended that you’re going to get perfection, but it does mean that you’re probably going to hire someone with great talent, respect, and value for their work.

Lastly know that we as photographers are commissioned to create "Art" sounds cheesy I know but I think of a better way to articulate that right now. All this added of course to documenting your day.

Art through your e-session, your bridal session, on your fast moving wedding day, and Art through you the average person (not a trained model) All of this here "Art" takes loads of practice, time, and passion to do well.

Hire vendors with heart, passion, and integrity and you're sure to have a good experience.

Now don't get me wrong I don't take myself too seriously. It's not brain surgery, but it sure is my passion, and joy!

Thank you for this great oportunity to share with you, check back every Tuesday to see a new post on tips for brides and other topics as well. I promise not every "Tipper Tuesdey" will be about photography!

in light of me wanting to get to know my clients better ...*THE FIRST BRIDE WHO IS AN EXISTING CLIENT (PAST AND FUTURE) TO LEAVE A COMMENT ON THIS POST RECEIVES YUMMY DESSERT ON ME WITH ME :) I may even throw a print for ya ;) !

if you're out of state no worries I'll take you out when I'm there for your wedding, or when you come to TX again!


Note: the first 3 comments are spam.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

The nice thing with this blog is, its very awsome when it comes to there topic.

Anonymous said...

We should have a great day today.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about these. Well someday Ill create a blog to compete you! lolz.

Anonymous said...

heather...i am officially a blog stalker! those pictures made me want to get married in mexico! so gorgeous...on my way into work today i was thinking that one year from day i'll be spending some time with you...and i can't wait :)

Heather said...

Woo hoo Naomi you and I are going to get a delicious dessert while I'm there in PA for your gorgeous wedding :) thanks for commenting!

Christina said...

:( Guess I'm the first loser

:(

Arden Prucha said...

I wish I was a former or current client... but hey let me take YOU out for dessert mamasita!

Hopefully I will be a future client.

Heather said...

no worries Christina you all will have many many more chances at being a winner (even bigger offerings) through this blog. Just check back often... wink wink ;)

lynn said...

ah boo! i'm a loser too! haha.. oh wells! have a great day!

Unknown said...

rats....frustrating I didn't get to be the first commenter. Better luck next time, Karen!

ksenija said...

i heart tipper tuesday :D !